Stephan is represented by Olivier Castaing, owner of the SCHOOL GALLERY, in Paris.
Stéphan Gladieu career began in 1989 covering war & social issues, travelling across Europe,Central Asia, the Middle East (Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Egypt, Pakistan) and Asia (India, Nepal, Vietnam, China, etc).
His work began as travel features, but he became increasingly interested in using portraiture to illustrate the human condition around the world. His portraiture has included covering the Saudi Princes, Princesses in Nepal, actors & directors behind the scenes at Cannes Film Festival, politicians, intellectuals, but also everyday people the world over.
Stephan still realise international features and portraits series, for international magazines but he is mainly focus on is personnal work: human story through colorfull portrait collection
On the side of his journalist activity, Stephan is working with private compagny (LVMH, Danone, TOTAL…) and International Intitution (World Bank, UNICEF) to work on their visual identity.
Nowadays, Stephan Gladieu’s work is published in leading publications in France and internationally.
Women: The futur of Africa published by the World Bank 2018.
The Central African Republic: Hope and resilience published by the World Bank 2017.
Hip Hop culture published by Somogy editions d’art 2011.
Fenêtre sur Courts (Windows on Court – Roland Garros), published by Intervalles in 2007.
Destins de Harkis (Harakie Destiny), published by Autrement in 2003.
Femmes Afghanes (Afghan Women), published by Hoëbeke in 2001.
Afghans, published by Autrement in 2001.
– Herero, Maï Maï and Surma, London Photo, London, 2018
– Herero, Realportraitik #1, School Gallery, Paris 2018
– Central Africa World Bank, USA, Washington 2017
– Central Africa, Musée Branly, Paris 2016
– French Handcraft, LVMH Fondation, Paris 2016
– For The World Bank. ” The year of woman’s empowerment”, Paris/ Washington 2016
– Caen War Memorial, Destins de Harkis France 2012
– North Station Paris, Portraits, France 2011
– Plaine Commune, terre de création, Stade de France 2010
– Various portraits, Galerie Artcurial, Paris, 2008
– Destins de Harkis (Algerian War), at the” Musée de l’Armée des Invalides”, Paris 2003
– Destins de Harkis (Algerian War), at the Archives Municipales de Marseille, 2004
– Destins de Harkis (Algerian War), at the Centre Culturel de Sucy, Nov 2004
– The life under Talibans in Afghanistan, in Paris, 2001
– The life under Talibans in Afghanistan, at the Bayeux Festival, 2001
Various work, at Visa International Photoreportage Festival in Perpignan, 1998, 2000,2003, 2006, 2008
2018 Finalist Nannen Price
2018 Tokyo International Photo Award
2014 International Photography Award Portrait, USA
2001 Grand Prix at the Festival du Scoop d’Angers France
1993 Best Pictures of the Year, Spain